- Experience 2 Years
- Qualification Associate Degree
We are seeking a skilled Echo Sonographer for a 13 weekcontract in Lafayette, IN!
Must have ARDMS or CCI registry for Echocardiography.
Schedule: 8 hourdays, with call
Start Date: 12/10for 13 weeks.
ULTRASOUND POSITION SUMMARY:
Perform a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizinghigh frequency sound waves to assist medical and professional personnel indetecting anatomical abnormalities. Concentric is looking for candidates withexperience in all areas of Ultrasound including vascular and echo.
1. Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment.Prepare patients for diagnostic procedures to include taking vital signs andmeasurements and positioning patients for each anatomical view; explainprocedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation of patients.
2. Assist medical and professional personnel during diagnostic procedures toinclude handling instruments, operating and monitoring equipment and callingout equipment readings; alert physician to patient’s discomfort or changes incondition.
3. Evaluate technical quality of films to obtain representative images ofpathogenic conditions; process film in accordance with standard procedures ortechniques.
4. Maintain records of ultrasound films taken, archiving and de-archiving dataas required; calculate, compile and record data from numerical readings onpatient’s charts and related documents.
5. Calibrate, clean and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensureproper functioning; clean and sterilize instruments, supplies and equipment;stock and replenish supplies as required.
6. Provide technical assistance and instruction to students, employees andmedical residents. Perform other related duties incidental to the workdescribed herein.
- Work requires a two year allied health degree and successful completion of an approved one year program in ultrasound technology.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience as a Echo Tech required (Vascular, OB or AB is a PLUS!
- At Least One of the following Ultrasound Certifications:
- ARDMS Certification RDCS AE preferred PE as well or experience.
- CCI certification in place of ARDMS
- AHA BLS Certification
- TB Test
- Pre-Employment Physical
Please email resume to Radiology@chsaz.com!