Concentric Healthcare is looking for an experienced Histotechnician for a hospital in Phoenix, AZ. This is a contract to hire position with a Monday to Friday second shift schedule.
- Prepares specimens for microscopic evaluation and diagnosis by the pathologist, performing complex technical procedures (IHC) which result in creation of microscopic slides.
- The individual will contribute to the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients by accurately processing surgical pathology specimens.
- Responsibilities may include processing, embedding and microtomy of all surgical tissues; cryotomy and frozen section staining; routine H&E and special staining; high complexity testing such as immunohistochemistry; gross examination/tissue processing of surgical biopsies; equipment maintenance and record retention; training staff; knowledge of pathology Laboratory Information System and other duties as assigned.
- Furthermore may perform high volume automated immunohistochemical (IHC) staining.
- The individual must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills as well as knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- The ability to assess data reflective of the patients’ status and age-specific needs is also required.
- May be responsible for handling chemicals and/or reagents including chemical hazardous waste materials.
- Bachelor degree with no less than 2 years of experience in Histology
- ASCP national certification REQUIRED
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills