- Offerd Salary $20,000 - $30,000
- Career Level Others
- Experience 3 Years
- Qualification Diploma
The Collections Specialist is responsible for effective and efficient collection efforts to significantly reduce day sales outstanding, improve cash flow, and minimize bad debt expense.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Organize the collection follow-up effort on outstanding receivables. Analyze system-generated reports to determine the appropriate emphasis needed and action required (prioritize). Review account information prior to making phone contact.
· Reviews all information to ensure account accuracy. Prorates billing cycle when necessary, corrects demographic information, financial classification as needed.
· Reviews remittance advice when necessary for no pays or short pays to verify proper reimbursement and to make adjustments as necessary.
· Identifies coding and billing errors from the EOB and works to correct errors in a timely manner.
· Prioritizes work load to incorporate aged AR of 90+ days and high dollar AR as needed.
· Pursue payment from guarantor for outstanding patient liabilities.
· Document action taken and result in the patient accounting system account notes.
· Respond to inbound mail from insurance companies and patients.
· Appeals claims that are improperly adjudicated so they are promptly corrected and paid.
· Assign accounts to outside collection agencies for further action.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in related field preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years hospital collection experience
· Governmental payer experience of 3-5 years (Medicare/Tricare/Champus/AHCCCS)
· CPT/HCPCS – ICD 10 knowledge
· Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, remittance advices, EOB’s, UB’s.
· Proficient computer software skills (Microsoft Office Products including Excel & Outlook)
· Excellent ability to think quickly and respond promptly to needs of the payer. Persuades others to commit to prompt action in resolving issues.