NURSE PRACTITIONER JOB DESCRIPTION
Nurse Practitioner shall provide healthcare services to patients within scope of license. Performs physical examinations; performs or orders diagnostic tests; establishes diagnosis; prescribes medications; instructs patients and family members about medical conditions and treatment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
• Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations; write progress notes;prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psycho social history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
• Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
• Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient’s progress,consulting with supervising physician when patient’s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
• Provide patient education.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Active state nursing license required.
• Prefer at least 1 year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a hospital or related medical facility.
• Must meet Concentric’s pre-employment screening requirements
• Clear criminal background screening.
• BCLS certified required.
• Must have active DEA License.
• Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
Hospital, clinic, medical center, physician’s office or other related healthcare facility.
Exposure to blood borne pathogens and other bodily fluids