- Experience 2 Years
ConcentricHealthcare Solutions is a leader in the healthcare recruiting and staffingindustry, specializing in healthcare employment with an emphasis in Nursing,Radiology, and Pharmacy Staffing. Concentric exhibits a passion for partneringwith our clients to become an integral part of their staffing solution.
ConcentricHealthcare Solutions is currently looking for Pharmacists for placementsin a hospital setting for both local and travel assignments
If you are seeking a new opportunity within Pharmacy, this opportunity is foryou!
• We are looking to fill a 7on 7off assignment and a 8 hours day shift Monday thruFriday.
• Must have significant experience working as a Hospital Pharmacist.
LOOKING FORINDIVIDUALS WITH 2+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS PHARMACIST!!!
LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUAL WITH EXPERIENCE WORKING WITHIN A HOSPITAL PHARMACYSETTING!!!
NO PREVIOUS DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS!!!
•Provide specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage andtherapeutic outcomes including advising physicians on issues concerning drugtherapy, the inherent toxicity of drugs and side effects, as well as assistingin the prescription of appropriate doses.
•IV, TPN, andCHEMO preparation (preferred).
•Coordinate theactivities of assigned pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation,labeling and delivery of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies inaccordance with physicians’ prescriptions; ensure compliance with federal,state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs andcontrolled drugs and the maintenance of required records.
•Maintainliaison relationships with medical and nursing staff; provide timelyinformation pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage andcompatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls, and JointCommission standards.
•Conduct andevaluate medication histories, assess compliance and suggest modifications soas to achieve desired outcomes; instruct patients in the proper use ofprescribed drugs; participate in patient care rounds with multidisciplinaryteams to evaluate patient progress.
• Individualizemedication regimens using sound principles, accounting for pharmacodynamic andpharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism andelimination with responsibility for establishing and continually improving thedelivery of pharmaceutical care to patients within areas of directresponsibility and assisting others in the department with the same.
•Perform otherrelated duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duties Also Include:
• Monitor efficacy, side effects and clinical outcomes of medications and advisesproviders as indicated.
• Evaluate lab data, drug interactions, adverse drug effects, and screens forallergies.
• Serve as drug information resource for all health care providers.
• Provide patient/family education and counseling.
• Maintain professional competency by keeping abreast of current medical andpharmaceutical literature, new drugs and therapies, and applies this knowledgein daily practice.
• Review, process, and dispense medication orders electronically afterestablishing appropriateness of drug choice, dosage, administration route andquantity in a timely manner.
• Review/monitor patient medication profiles for compliance and potentialproblems.
• Resolve drug related problems as they arise.
• Supervise activities of certified pharmacy technicians.
• Ensure proper labeling and packaging in compliance with federal laws and VAregulations.
• Contribute to the success of established performance measures and cost-savingsinitiatives related to pharmacy practice.
Doctorof Pharmacy Degree
Current AZ License with no previous disciplinary action.