- Experience 2 Years
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Concentric Healthcare Staffing is a leader in the healthcare recruiting and staffing industry, specializing in healthcare employment with an emphasis in Nursing, Allied Health and Administrative Staffing. Concentric exhibits a passion for partnering with our clients to become an integral part of their staffing solution.
Pharmacy Technician responsibilities:
- Retrieve and interpret medication orders; perform pharmaceutical calculations, taking into account patient and drug characteristics; enter medication orders into pharmacy computer system for pharmacist’s review.
- Label, fill and deliver medication to appropriate patient care locations.
- Receive and triage information requests; research and provide information where appropriate; refer other inquiries to pharmacist. Inventory, order, receive and stock drugs and supplies.
- Retrieve discontinued or expired medications from stock and patient areas; discard or return to stock as appropriate; complete corresponding documentation. Perform specialized and advanced procedures specific to assigned pharmacy area, including but not limited to North Central, Surgical Suite, Medicine-Surgery, Morris Cancer Center, Outpatient, Women and Children, Pediatric Specialty, Sterile Products, Investigational Drug Service.
- Serve as a primary training resource for new technicians and assist in evaluating their progress as directed; may assist in preparing schedules, setting work priorities and making work assignments as directed. Assist in documentation of unit-specific procedures and quality assurance activities under Pharmacist’s review.
- Assist other technicians in performing complex procedures and/or calculations as required.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires high school or equivalent plus successful completion of a formalized Pharmacy Technician program.
Pharmacy Technician certification is required.
Work requires a minimum of one year experience as a Pharmacy Technician plus completion of advanced competencies checklist. Candidate will also be have experience performing order entry.
Current AZ License with no previous disciplinary action.