- Experience 2 Years
- Qualification Certificate
Travel positions available throughout the country! Call 888-267-6103 to learn more!!!
Surgical Techs will performs any combination of tasks before, during, and after surgery to assist the surgical team.
Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities:
1. Places equipment and suppliesin operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
2. Assists team members to placeand position patient on table.
3. Scrubs arms and hands and donsgown and gloves.
4. Aids team to don gowns andgloves.
5. Maintains supply of fluids,such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation.
6. Hands instruments and suppliesto surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as
directed by the surgeon during operation.
7. Puts dressings on patientfollowing surgery.
8. Counts sponges, needles, andinstruments before and after operation.
9. Washes and sterilizesequipment, using germicides and sterilizers.
10. Cleans operating room.
1. High School diploma or itsequivalent.
2. Graduated from an accreditedSurgical Technologist training program with subsequent certification in
3. Current CPR card.
4. Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
5. Current Health Certificate (ifapplicable)
6. One year experience preferredas a Surgical Technician within the last 2 years preferred.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
• May work atoff-site facility/ client site
• May be exposedto blood-borne pathogens, chemotherapeutic and toxic chemicals