- Experience 2 Years
- Qualification Associate Degree
We are in need of a skilled Ultrasound Tech to join our team for a 13-week travel assignment in beautiful Fort Bragg CA!
Perform a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist medical and professional personnel in detecting anatomical abnormalities. Concentric is looking for candidates with experience in all areas of Ultrasound including vascular and echo.
1. Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment. Prepare patients for diagnostic procedures to include taking vital signs and measurements and positioning patients for each anatomical view; explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation of patients.
2. Assist medical and professional personnel during diagnostic procedures to include handling instruments, operating and monitoring equipment and calling out equipment readings; alert physician to patient’s discomfort or changes in condition.
3. Evaluate technical quality of films to obtain representative images of pathogenic conditions; process film in accordance with standard procedures or techniques.
4. Maintain records of ultrasound films taken, archiving and de-archiving data as required; calculate, compile and record data from numerical readings on patient’s charts and related documents.
5. Calibrate, clean and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning; clean and sterilize instruments, supplies and equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
6. Provide technical assistance and instruction to students, employees and medical residents. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires a two year allied health degree and successful completion of an approved one year program in ultrasound technology. Applicants must be eligible for registry by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).